Graduation - The Events
Students who earned their degrees in Summer 2012, Autumn 2012, or Winter 2013, or who have a reasonable expectation of graduating in Spring 2013 or Summer 2013 are eligible to participate in 2013 Commencement Ceremonies.
UW Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Due to the renovation of Husky Stadium, the 2013 Commencement Ceremony of the University of Washington will be held at CenturyLink Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders, located just south of downtown Seattle.
- Registration and formal academic attire (cap & gown) is required for this event.
- For more detailed information, visit the UW Commencement website.
- Be sure you are eligible: you have earned your degree or have applied to graduate by certain deadlines, see information below.
- If you do not wish to have your name listed in the program you must contact the Office of the Registrar (206-543-5378). For more information, see the UW Commencement website.
Civil & Environmental Engineering Department
HUB Student Union Building (Ballroom), UW Seattle Campus
Sunday, June 16, 2013
- 1:30 pm - Graduates and faculty line up for procession
- 2:00 pm - Program begins promptly
- 3:15 to 4:30 pm - Reception
- Cap & gown is recommended, but not required
- RSVP online by May 31st
- Graduates: Day of Event Instructions will be available here in Spring Quarter
- Map and driving instructions will be posted here
Graduation - Earning your Degree
In order to formally graduate (i.e., earn you degree), you must apply for your degree. Your degree will be posted when you complete your degree requirements.
Complete the application for graduation with the CEE undergraduate advisor approximately two quarters prior to the quarter in which you intend to graduate.
Spring Graduates: Submit your Master’s Degree or Doctoral Final Exam Request to the Graduate School by April 19, 2013 in order to have your name in the UW Commencement program.
Deadlines: see the Graduate School Website
Graduate students who earned their degrees in Summer 2012, Autumn 2012, or Winter 2013, or candidates who have a reasonable expectation of graduating in Spring 2013 or Summer 2013 are eligible to participate in 2013 Commencement Excercises.