Students who earned their degrees in Summer 2016, Autumn 2016, or Winter 2017, or who have a reasonable expectation of graduating in Spring 2017 or Summer 2017 are eligible to participate in 2017 Commencement Ceremonies.
UW Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, June 10, 2017
- For detailed information, visit the UW Commencement website.
- Registration and formal academic attire (cap & gown) is required at the UW Commencement ceremony. Register online between May 3 - 22.
- Be sure you are eligible: undergraduates - you have earned your degree or have applied to graduate by the deadline (see instructions under Graduation – Earning your Degree below). Spring graduates: in order to have your name in the UW Commencement program, Bachelor students must apply to graduate; Master's and PhD students submit the Master's Request or PhD Final Exam request by April 15 see information below.
- If you do not wish to have your name listed in the program you must contact the Office of the Registrar (206-543-5378). For more information, see the UW Commencement website.
Civil & Environmental Engineering Department
Husky Union Building (HUB) Ballroom, UW Seattle Campus
Sunday, June 11, 2017
A parking permit will be required to park on campus Sunday, June 11. Refer to the UW Commencement website for parking information. See also Transportation Services website for light rail and bus options.
- 1:00 - 1:15 pm - Graduates arrive
- 1:30 pm - Graduates and faculty line up for procession
- 2:00 pm - Program begins
- 3:15 to 4:30 pm - Reception
- Cap & gown is recommended, but not required
- RSVP online for CEE Graduation between May 3 - 22.
Summer graduates: your name will be included in the CEE event program when you submit the RSVP.
- "Day of Event" Instructions [PDF] - will be available soon. This will provide detailed instructions for graduates participating in the CEE Graduation Celebration.
As is now tradition, we will be recognizing the 50th Reunion (Class of 1967) at the CEE Graduation. For those interested in participating in the 50th Class Reunion, please contact email@example.com.
Graduation - Earning your Degree
In order to formally graduate (i.e., earn you degree), you must apply for your degree. Your degree will be posted when you complete your degree requirements.
Complete the application for graduation with the CEE undergraduate advisor approximately two quarters prior to the quarter in which you intend to graduate.
Spring Graduates: Submit your Master’s Degree or Doctoral Final Exam Request to the Graduate School by April 15 in order to have your name in the UW Commencement program.
Deadlines: see the Graduate School Website
Graduate students who earned their degrees in Summer 2016, Autumn 2016, or Winter 2017, or candidates who have a reasonable expectation of graduating in Spring 2017 or Summer 2017 are eligible to participate in 2017 Commencement Excercises.