- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University (TAMU), College Station, Texas, 2014
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, Illinois, 2008
- B.S. in Architectural Studies, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, 2001
- Researcher Assistant, Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI), 2013-2014
- Researcher Assistant, Texas A&M University, 2009-2013
- Construction Project Engineer, Primera Engineers, 2007-2009
- Architect, DLA Architects, Ltd., 2006-2007
- Architect, Earth Tech (now part of AECOM), 2001-2005
Dr. Kim’s research mainly focuses on the interactions between sustainable building design, facility operation and the needs of the occupants in terms of comfort, well-being, and performance. Currently, her work includes quantifying the impact of healthy workplace strategies that foster productivity and team collaboration for improved organizational performance. She is also co-investigating a performance-based building design approach that is human-centric using a coupled conventional and renewable energy systems.
Honors & awards
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award, 2015, UW CEE
- Best Paper Award, 2015,CSCE International Construction Specialty Conference Vancouver, BC
- New Scholar Program Fellow, 2014, Construction Industry Institute (CII)
- TAMU Department of Civil Engineering Outstanding Graduate Student Award, 2012, TAMU
- Greenbuild International Conference Multimedia Visual Competition (2nd), 2011, USGBC
- Construction Specification Institute (CSI) Outstanding Service Award, 2004, CSI
Five Faculty Receive GIF Awards
Five CEE faculty members have received Global Innovation Fund Awards, which provide seed funding for faculty research...
It’s an oxymoron of sorts: better refugee camps. But despite contradictory terms, a team of CEE researchers is working...
Solar panels power office equipment
Energy conservation came to life for many students during winter quarter when solar panels on the roof of More Hall...
First govt building Fitwel certified
Advocating for healthier buildings, assistant professor Amy Kim and post-doc Shuoqi (Stanley) Wang helped the first...
Amy Kim's Husky Green Award
For her efforts to create healthy building interiors and optimize workspaces, Amy Kim was honored with a 2019 Husky...