Tuition, Financial Aid & Scholarships
UW is committed to helping students from all economic backgrounds access world-class education.
A number of resources are available to help students fund college, from financial aid to scholarships to work-study programs. Every year, UW awards more than $344 million in aid to 60 percent of undergraduate students.
Tuition rates are set annually. Below is information about undergraduate tuition rates for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Full-time undergraduate enrollment:
- In-state students: $3,584 quarterly/$10,753 annually
- Out-of-state students: $11,597 quarterly/$34,791 annually
More information about tuition and fees is provided by the Office of Planning & Budgeting.
Students in need of financial assistance are encouraged to fill out the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form. To be eligible for various resources, students must complete the FAFSA form by January 15. The UW Student Financial Aid Office offers additional resources.
Part-time work-study programs are available to assist students with funding their undergraduate degree. Students who qualify for work study jobs may work up to 19 hours per week while going to school.
A number of scholarships are awarded annually. Some scholarships are specific to Civil & Environmental Engineering students while others are open to all undergraduates.
- CEE Scholarships & Fellowships: The Department offers a variety of merit as well as need-based scholarships for new and continuing majors. Pre-engineering and transfer students who are applying for admission to CEE for autumn admission may apply for CEE scholarships. Applications are accepted April 1 - May 1 for awards for the following academic year.
- College of Engineering Scholarships: The College of Engineering offers a variety of annual scholarships for pre-engineering and engineering students.
- Mary Gates Scholarship: The Mary Gates Endowment for Students funds hundreds of undergraduates each year, supporting student research, leadership and venture activities.
- UW Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards: Assistance for students navigating the scholarship search and application process, especially for nationally recognized merit-based scholarships such as the Fulbright, Rhodes, Marshall and more.