BSCE Program Prerequisites
Engineering Undeclared (ENGRUD) students who were admitted Direct to College: See Placement Requirements by Major for ENGRUD Students on the College of Enginering website.
For Transfer and Non-DTC students: See application and enrollment requirements on the College's Prerequisites by Major page. (Hint: you can filter out the other departments.)
- Cumulative UW GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Grade of 2.0 or higher in each required course
- Completion of minimum requirements do not guarantee admission to major.
Application Requirements: Courses below marked with an asterisk (*) must be complete by April 5 in order to apply for the BSCE major.
Enrollment requirements: The remaining courses must be completed prior to enrollment in the major. (It is strongly recommended that PHYS 123 is also completed prior to enrollment in the major.)
- MATH 124*, 125*, and 126* Calculus
- MATH 308 Matrix Algebra
Sciences (35 credits)
- CHEM 142* General Chemistry (5 credits)
- CHEM 152 General Chemistry (5 credits)
- PHYS 121* Mechanics (5 credits)
- PHYS 122* Elect-Mag & Oscillation (5 credits)
Engineering Fundamentals (16 credits)
- AMATH 301 Beg Sci Computing or CSE 142 Computer Programming I (4 credits)
Note: AMATH 301 preferred
- AA 210* Statics (4 credits)
- CEE 220 Mechanics of Materials (4 credits)
- ME 230 Dynamics (4 credits)
Written Communication (12 credits)
- English Composition* (5 credits)