Human Factors & Statistical Modeling Lab
Faculty Contact: Linda Ng Boyle
The HFSM Lab investigates the impact of people's driving behavior on risk of injury or mishap.
Instrumented Vehicle Includes:
- Internal and external cameras to record vehicle and driver activities
- Seat, floor, pedals, and steering wheel are equipped to record loading characteristics while driving
- Research includes vehicle tracking, driver response to various driving conditions, and measurement of physiological characteristics during driving.
- 130 degree field of view
- 12 inch 'glass dach' instrument cluster
- Can simulate adaptive cruise control (ACC) functions
- Runs on a single PC
- Compatible with data/scenarios from full NADS