Stay connected. Get involved.
Alumni are an essential part of the CEE Department, whether they graduated last year or 50 years ago. Mentoring students, supporting industry collaboration, and being part of the vision to expand UW CEE’s facilities are ways alumni help shape the future of the department. To find out what some of our alumni are up to, take a look at our Alumni Profiles page.
Attend alumni events
- Annual tailgate
- Alumni and friends gather annually for a tailgate party in the fall before the Huskies Homecoming game. Recap of last year’s tailgate.
- Annual Lecture Series
- Join us for three endowed lectures held throughout the academic year.
- Upcoming events
- Check out the department’s events calendar for other upcoming lectures and happenings.
- CEE Career Fair
- Held each January, the CEE Career Fair connects employers with students seeking internships or full-time positions. Registration for companies and organizations begins in late August.
Please consider mentoring students through the following student activities:
- Concrete Canoe and Steel Bridge teams
Help students evaluate technical aspects of design, mentor students and provide support for teams to succeed at competitions.
- In-class projects
Provide case studies, presentations and guest lectures.
- Resume assistance
Participate in events and panels to provide resume and interview feedback and best practices.
- Engineering Exploration Night
Talk with students one-on-one about engineering careers.
- CEE 101
Give a talk in this seminar course that introduces undergraduates to the various research areas in civil and environmental engineering.
- Capstone Design Class
Mentor a team of students working on a capstone design project, or volunteer to evaluate projects.
Share a day in your life with a fellow Dawg by participating in UW's job shadowing program.
To participate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engage with faculty and students to solve real-world problems
- Problem solve
- Take advantage of faculty and student expertise to solve complex technical problems. You can find faculty research specialties using faculty finder.
- Gain access to research centers
- Collaborate with faculty-led research centers to address pressing issues.
- Pacific Northwest Transportation Consortium (PacTrans)
Transportation research and education in the Pacific Northwest including Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
- Supply Chain Transportation & Logistics (SCTL)
Leading supply chain, transportation and logistics research and education.
- Post-Disaster Rapid Response Research Facility
Enabling the collection, assessment and archiving of high-quality data in the aftermath of disasters.
- Mountains to Sea Initiative
Water sustainability research at UW, addressing key questions directly relevant to the Pacific Northwest.
- Lab and equipment use
- UW CEE houses research facilities that offer unique equipment and services to the research community in the Pacific Northwest.
Support future engineers
- Our funding priorities
- While UW CEE is poised to lead the way in preparing engineers to address critical issues, student demand is quickly surpassing capacity. The following priorities will enable UW CEE to accommodate even more deserving students:
- Facilities Improvements and Expansion
Potential large-scale More Hall renovation plans are being developed and discussions are also underway regarding building a new interdisciplinary engineering building to be shared among the 10 engineering programs. Parallel to these larger potential capital projects, the department is always seeking unrestricted support to help improve existing facilities. Donate to the CEE Strategic Support Fund.
- Student Support
With tuition costs rising dramatically in recent years, bolstering existing undergraduate scholarship and graduate fellowship endowments will enable UW CEE to continue to provide access to diverse communities and attract the best students. Donate to the CEE Scholarship Fund or CEE Fellowship Fund.
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention
UW CEE continues to hire new faculty members at a rate not seen in decades. Adding new professorships and endowed chairs will be key in keeping the department competitive and building the next generation of outstanding faculty. Donate to the CEE Faculty Support Fund.
Learn more about our funding priorities on our Giving page.
Update your contact information
By submitting your contact info. you’ll receive:
- The biannual department newsletter, The Bridge
- The department’s quarterly email newsletter
- Invites to alumni events