Skip to main content

Future students

Visiting grads

Students who are actively pursuing a graduate degree at another accredited academic institution may apply to the UW Civil and Environmental Engineering Department as a visiting graduate student for a period of up to one year.

How to apply

Information about admission requirements and application procedures is available through the UW Graduate School.

CEE department requirements

The UW CEE Department requires a few additional pieces of information, which should be submitted through the online Graduate School application:

  • Unofficial transcripts
  • Statement of educational objectives, including your area of interest and courses you are interested in taking while at the University of Washington.

TOEFL requirement for international applicants

Every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. Please refer to the Graduate School for further information regarding this requirement, including minimum test scores.

Graduate student research

CEE graduate students play an important role in contributing to research that has real-world impact.

Graduate student research