Industry members are an important part of the department. By maintaining close relationships with industry members, students benefit from the ability to learn about real-world challenges in the field through research and internships. In return, industry members network with faculty experts and have an edge on recruiting and hiring exceptional students. If you aren’t already involved with UW CEE, we encourage you to take advantage of the following opportunities:
UW CEE employer opportunities
A number of opportunities are available to connect employers and recruiters with students who are seeking internships and job opportunities. Students are interested in opportunities that help expand their experience and build knowledge and skills (internship, co-op, part-time or summer jobs) as well as in permanent career placements.
- Annual UW CEE Career Fair: Attended by more than 450 students, the annual career fair is held in January and connects employers with students who are seeking internships a well as full-time positions. Registration for interested companies and organizations begins in late August. More information for interested employers.
- Job Posting Services: We are happy to post job position announcements free of charge via email lists and student blogs, which are sent to current students and recent graduates. Please send your posting in the body of an email (rather than a PDF or Word document) to email@example.com.
- Special Events Promotion: We can share information with students about special employer events, such as presentations, competitions and on-campus interviews.
- Guest Speakers, Mentors and More: Professional engineers and/or their companies may volunteer to assist with student activities such as Concrete Canoe and Steel Bridge competition teams, in-class projects, mentoring of students, and sponsoring student fieldtrips to your offices and/or field sites.
More UW resources for employers
- Career Center @ Engineering: The Career Center @ Engineering is a full-service office that works in conjunction with the central UW Career & Internship Center to coordinate job postings, on-campus interviews and technical talks. It also manages the Engineering Internship Program.
- College of Engineering Partnerships with Industry: Working closely with industry and foundation partners, the College of Engineering is developing a new generation of innovators.
- UW Career & Internship Center: UW Career Center is the central clearinghouse for employment opportunities and career services to students and employers. Services include UW Husky-Jobs database, on-campus interviews, annual recruitment programs, career fairs, and a range of comprehensive services for students & employers.
Research facilities available for industry use
The UW CEE department houses research facilities, many of which offer unique research equipment and services to the research community in the Pacific Northwest. The following labs are available for industry use: