Tom and Marilyn Draeger / The Beavers Charitable Trust Lecturer
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Director of Materials Lab
- (206) 543-3040
- MOR 121E
- Construction Materials Lab
Dr. Julian Yamaura is a full-time lecturer in Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Washington. He teaches courses related to construction materials, design and construction of temporary structures, and infrastructure construction means and methods. Prior to the UW, Julian has worked for Pavia Systems, Inc., as an engineering consultant assisting with the development and deployment of a construction project inspection technology for public organizations and construction engineering and inspection firms across the country. He has also worked for Atkinson Construction as a construction engineer working on large transportation infrastructure projects in Washington.
Julian’s research focuses on mobile technology systems in construction and their impacts on project management. Other interests include heavy civil construction and pavements.
Outside of work, Julian enjoys spending time with his wife and three kids, playing guitar, and surfing the frigid waters of the pacific northwest.
- Ph.D in Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, December 2018
- M.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Washington,, December 2010
- B.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, June 2009
- Construction Engineer, Atkinson Construction, 2011-2014
- Engineering Consultant, Pavia Systems, Inc., 2014-2019
Honors & awards
- UW College of Engineering Student Teaching Award, 2017, University of Washington