Marc O. Eberhard
Civil & Environmental Engineering
- (206) 543-4815
- MOR 233A
Marc Eberhard received his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the UC Berkeley in 1984. After working for the Bridge Design Division of the California Department of Transportation, he attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he received his Master's Degree (1987) and PhD (1989).
Marc Eberhard joined the faculty at the University of Washington in 1989. He received the Presidential Young Investigator's Award from the National Science Foundation in 1991, the ASCE Reese Research Prize in 1994, the PCI Zollman Award in 2013 and the ASCE T.Y. Lin Award in 2014.
Marc Eberhard teaches course on structural analysis, reinforced and prestressed concrete structures, and earthquake engineering. His current research focuses on the rapid construction and performance of reinforced and prestressed concrete building and bridges, subjected to gravity loads, earthquakes and tsunamis.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois-Urbana, 1989
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois-Urbana, 1987
- B.S. in Civil Engineering/Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1984
Honors & awards
- Academic Engineer of the Year. Puget Sound Engineering Council, 2018
- T.Y. Lin Award, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2014.
- Charles Z. Zollman Award, 2013. Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute.
- Award of Special Recognition and Appreciation, 2010, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (for leading EERI/USGS advance reconnaissance team to Haiti)
- Outstanding Contribution, 2008, Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation
- Fellow of American Concrete Institute (ACI), 2000
- Raymond C. Reese Research Prize, 1994, American Society of Civil Engineers
Big results for ‘the big one’
Most people know that the Pacific Northwest is overdue for a catastrophic earthquake. But they may not know that CEE...
PSEC Academic Engineer of the Year
Professor Marc Eberhard has received the PSEC 2018 Academic Engineer of the Year Award in recognition of his...