Future Students

This page has been updated to reflect UW Engineering's new Direct to College (DTC) admission process. The changes take effect for the incoming freshman class of 2018. For details, see:

April 2017 announcement  Direct to College FAQ

How to Apply

Current UW Students

Students interested in declaring the BSEnvE major should complete the online form. CEE advisers will initiate the major declaration form for those who are eligible. Students may petition for an exception to an admission requirement. Decisions will be based on the feasibility of making up missed courses while still graduating on time, as well as whether the student is academically prepared for the courses in the major.


Currently the BSENVE program is a minimum admission major, so students may declare the major at any time once the program prerequisites are completed by meeting with a CEE adviser.  The BSENVE is expected to become competitive admission by autumn quarter 2018.  Effective autumn 2019 admission, the engineering application deadline will be April 5. 

Transfer Students ยป

Many students join UW CEE after attending community college or four-year institutions. The BSENVE is currently a minimum admission major, so transfer students who have completed the program preprerequisites and offered admission to the UW and may declare the major. The BSENVE is expected to become a competitive major by autumn quarter 2018. Effective autumn 2019 admission, the engineering application  deadline will be April 5.