- Newly admitted students: Welcome! Register for CEE classes.
- Newly admitted transfer students: Send your official transcripts to UW Admissions once your grades have been posted.
- Continuing students: Will you work, travel, or attend classes during summer quarter?
- Rising Seniors:
- If you are planning to go to graduate school, prepare now.
- Sign up to take the FE exam. CEE students are strongly encouraged to take the FE Exam after the conclusion of their junior year. The junior curriculum is specifically designed to cover all aspects of the exam, so you'll be most prepared to take it directly after junior year. If you are off track, contact your CEE adviser to identify the best time for you to take the FE Exam.
- Late September: Autumn quarter begins.
Seniors: Apply to graduate! You are strongly encouraged to apply for your degree at least two quarters in advance of the quarter in which you intend to graduate. Watch for CEE advising announcements for graduation application sessions in September/October. Students who have submitted the graduation application (at least 4 days before the first Friday of November) will have Graduating Senior Priority (GSP) registration for the following two quarters. If you have questions about your graduation timeline and when to submit an application, contact your advisers.
- Attend the UW Science & Engineering Career Fair. Start your internship or post-graduation job search!
- Register for winter quarter. Students who have applied for graduation will have GSP registration starting the first Friday of November. Register promptly on your eligible date. Popular 400-level CEE courses fill up quickly, as do required classes like IND E 315.
- CEE Career Fair: Attend the annual CEE Career Fair. Don’t miss an opportunity to meet employers! This is the peak on-campus recruitment period for soon-to-be graduates and summer interns. Apply now for post-graduation employment.
- Attend the Construction Management Career Fair (Gould Hall Court).
- December: Final examination schedule
- January: Winter quarter begins.
- All Students: Check your progress by running a fresh degree audit (DARS) via MyUW. Consult with a CEE adviser if you have any questions or concerns. Keep the adviser posted regarding courses taken or intended to be taken outside of the UW.
- January 10: Application deadline for the UW CEE master’s program for autumn admission. Deadlines for other universities may be earlier or later.
- Faculty mentoring sessions (take place in Jan/Feb):
Senior Year Planning with Faculty Mentors: Attend a senior-year planning session with faculty in your engineering interest area(s), or meet individually with a faculty mentor. This is an opportunity to learn more about your area of engineering interest and to plan for the future, including selecting appropriate courses for your senior year in preparation for autumn quarter registration, which begins in early May. Prepare for faculty mentoring sessions by reviewing your degree audit and giving thought to your interests and goals (e.g., career pursuits, graduate school, research opportunities, etc.)
- Register for spring quarter. Students who have applied for graduation have Graduating Senior Priority (GSP) registration.
- Juniors/Seniors (and continuing students): Attend CEE Capstone Preview Event.
- Winter Quarter Final examination schedule
- March: Spring quarter begins.
- Juniors: Sign up to take the FE exam. You are strongly encouraged to take the FE exam the summer after your junior year, as the junior curriculum is specifically designed to cover all exam material. If you are off track, contact your CEE adviser to identify the best time for you to take the FE Exam.
- Seniors: Ensure that your contact information is up-to-date. Diplomas are mailed to your permanent address approximately two to three months after your date of graduation. Check and update your contact information well in advance of your graduation date.
- Juniors: Attend graduate school prep session held by CEE Graduate Advisers and CEE Faculty.
- Complete Exit Survey. (This will be sent to you electronically.)
- Spring Quarter Final examination schedule