CEE Academic Timeline
- Newly admitted students: Welcome! Register for CEE classes.
- Newly admitted students may apply for departmental scholarships between August 1 and August 22. Submit the online engineering application form.
- Continuing students: Will you work, travel, or attend classes during summers quarter?
- Juniors: If you are planning to go to graduate school, prepare now. Register to take the GRE (August–November recommended).
- Late September: Autumn quarter begins.
Seniors: Apply to graduate! You must apply for your degree at least two quarters in advance of the quarter in which you intend to graduate. Watch for CEE adviser’s announcements for graduation application sessions in October. Sign-up online and attend a session to complete your application for degree. Students who have submitted the graduation (degree) application (at least 4 days before the first Friday of November) will have Graduating Senior Priority (GSP) registration for the following two quarters.
- Late October: Attend the UW Science & Engineering Career Fair. Start your internship or postgraduation job search!
- Take the FE exam.
- Early November: Register for winter quarter. Students who have applied for graduation have GSP registration starting the first Friday of November. Register promptly on your eligible date. Popular 400-level CEE courses fill up quickly.
- November (Date TBA): Attend the Construction Management Career Fair, Gould Hall Court.
- December: Final examination schedule
- Early January: Winter quarter begins.
- January 10: Application deadline for the UW CEE master’s program for autumn admission. Deadlines for other universities may be earlier or later.
- Late January: Attend the annual CEE Career Fair. Don’t miss an opportunity to meet employers! This is the peak on-campus recruitment period for soon-to-be graduates and summer interns. Apply now for post-graduation employment.
- Check your progress by running a fresh degree audit (DARS) via MyUW. Consult with a CEE adviser if you have any questions or concerns. Keep the adviser posted regarding courses taken or intended to be taken outside of the UW.
- Early February: Register for spring quarter. Students who have applied for graduation have Graduating Senior Priority (GSP) registration.
- March: Final examination schedule
- Late March: Spring quarter begins.
- Juniors and continuing students: Attend faculty mentoring sessions.
Early April: Senior Year Planning with Faculty Mentors: Attend a senior-year planning session with faculty in your engineering interest area(s), or meet individually with a faculty mentor. This is an opportunity to learn more about your area of engineering interest and to plan for the future, including selecting appropriate courses for your senior year in preparation for autumn quarter registration, which begins in early May. Prepare for faculty mentoring sessions by reviewing your degree audit and giving thought to your interests and goals (e.g., career pursuits, graduate school, research opportunities, etc.)
Print a copy of your MyPlan (use the “print” button for a print-friendly version) and have a faculty mentor sign the sheet and submit it to the CEE advising office (More Hall 201).
- Continuing students: Apply for CEE scholarships April 1—May 1 for the following academic year awards. To apply, submit the online engineering application form. The CEE department awards a multitude of need and meritt based scholarships annually.
- Juniors: Schedule to take the EIT exam. Optimal time to take the FE exam is after Junior year, and before the academic year begins.
- Ensure that your contact information is up-to-date. Diplomas are mailed to your permanent address approximately two to three months after your date of graduation.
- Complete Exit Survey. (This will be sent to you electronically.)
- June: Final examination schedule