Skip to main content

Current students

Undergraduate student guide

About our department Info for students Policies EIT Graduation Degree programs Forms

About our department

Information for undergraduate students


Obtaining the Engineering-in-Training (EIT) license

Students who have completed their CEE junior year (CEE 300-level coursework) are eligible to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors (NCEES). Upon passing the FE exam, they are awarded the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate by the Washington State Department of Licensing or the licensing department of the state in which they plan to work. BSCE students should plan to take the general civil exam, and BSENVE students will take the environmental engineering exam.

Graduation checklist

Undergraduate degree programs

Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)

Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering (BSENVE)

Recommended coursework for seniors by interest areas