BSENVE Upper-Division Coursework & Technical Electives
The BSENVE junior year curriculum (300-level courses) begins in autumn quarter and is designed to be taken in sequence each quarter.
The curriculum emphasizes the use of core knowledge from math, physics, biology, chemistry and engineering to mitigate impacts on environmental quality and to establish student understanding of the interconnections between air, water and soil during environmental engineering decision-making.
Junior year coursework
The following are 300-level BSENVE courses currently included in the online Course Catalog. Additional 400 level courses will be posted in the future, as they are approved. BSENVE majors will take CEE 349, 350 and 352 in autumn.
- CEE 347 Introduction to Fluid Mechanics (5 credits)
- CEE 348 Hydrology and Environmental Fluid Mechanics (4 credits)
- CEE 349 Case Studies in Environmental Engineering (3 credits)
- CEE 350 Mass and Energy Balances in Environmental Engineering (4 credits)
- CEE 352 Introduction to Microbial Principles in Environmental Engineering (5 credits)
- CEE 354 Introduction to Chemical Principles in Environmental Engineering (5 credits)
- CEE 356 Quantitative and Conceptual Tools for Sustainability (4 credits)
Senior year coursework
- Professional Practice and Capstone (7 credits)
CEE 440 Professional Practice (2 credits)
Capstone Design Course (5 credits)
Choice of CEE 444 (Water) or 445 (Envr)
- Technical Electives (15 credits)
Technical Electives: Core Courses List
Select courses from any of the following. Thematic areas are shown to help guide selection.
- Engineered Systems and Processes
- CEE 482 WW Reuse and Resource Rec (3)
- CEE 483 Drinking Water Treatment (3)
- CEE 490 Air Pollution Control (3)
- CEE 497 Water in an Arid Land (5)
- Natural Systems and Processes
- CEE 462 Limnology (3)
- CEE 480 Air Quality Modeling (3)
- CEE 496 Chemical Fate and Transport (3)
- CEE 498 Environmental Analyses (4)
- CEE 498 Advanced Remote Sensing (4)
- Hydrology and Hydrodynamics
- CEE 473 Coastal Engineering (3)
- CEE 474 Hydraulics of Sed. Transport (3)
- CEE 475 Groundwater Flow (3)
- CEE 476 Physical Hydrology (3)
- CEE 477 Open Channel Flow (3)
- CEE 481 Hydraulic Design for Envr Engr (3)
- Upper-Division Engineering and Science (13 credits)
Select courses from within CEE or from the BSENVE Upper-Division Engineering and Science Electives list, or as approved by petition. Students admitted after summer quarter 2019 must include one approved earth science course from BSENVE Upper-Division Engineering and Science Electives list.
- General Electives
Additional credits to meet the 180 total required for the baccalaureate degree.
- Recommended Coursework for Seniors