Engineering Undeclared (ENGRUD) students who were admitted Direct to College: See Placement Requirements by Major for ENGRUD Students on the College of Enginering website.
For Transfer and Non-DTC students: See application and enrollment requirements on the College's Prerequisites by Major page. (Hint: you can filter out the other departments.)
- Cumulative UW GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Grade of 2.0 or higher in each required course
- Completion of minimum requirements do not guarantee admission to major.
Application Requirements: Courses below marked with an asterisk (*) must be complete by April 5 in order to apply for the BSCE major.
Enrollment requirements: The remaining courses must be completed prior to enrollment in the major. (It is strongly recommended that both CHEM 152 and PHYS 123 are also completed prior to enrollment in the major.)
- MATH 124*, 125*, and 126* Calculus
- MATH 308 or AMATH 352 Matrix/Linear Algebra
- CHEM 142* General Chemistry (5 credits)
- PHYS 121* Mechanics (5 credits)
- PHYS 122* Elect-Mag & Oscillation (5 credits)
- AMATH 301 Beg Sci Computing, CSE 142 Computer Programming I or CSE 160 Data Programming (4 credits)
- AA 210* Statics (4 credits)
- CEE 220 Mechanics of Materials (4 credits)
- ME 230 Dynamics (4 credits)
- English Composition* (5 credits)