Students who are interested in applying to UW CEE must complete the prerequisite courses below. There are two categories of prerequisites, depending on whether students are applying during freshman year (Early Admission) or at the end of their sophomore year (Upper-Division Admission).
CEE prerequisites must be completed by the July 1 application deadline. If you are unable to complete the prerequisites by July 1, see instructions for submitting a Conditional Application.
Early Admission applicants apply for admission during their freshman year. Students must be currently enrolled at UW with a minimum of 15 credits taken in residence. A minimum 2.0 grade in each course and 2.50 cumulative GPA for all courses is required to be considered for admission.
Mathematics (15 credits)
- MATH 124
- MATH 125
- MATH 126
Sciences (10 credits)
Physical science courses, plus accompanying laboratory at the level of PHYS 121, PHYS 122, PHYS 123, or CHEM 142, CHEM 152
English (5 credits)
Students typically apply for Upper-Division Admission at the end of their sophomore year. A minimum 2.0 grade in each course and 2.50 cumulative GPA for all courses is required to be considered for admission.
Mathematics (18 credits)
- MATH 124 Calc/Analytic Geom I (5 credits)
- MATH 125 Calc/Analytic Geom II (5 credits)
- MATH 126 Calc/Analytic Geom III (5 credits)
- MATH 308 or 318 Matrix Algebra (3 credits)
Sciences (15 credits)
- CHEM 142 General Chemistry (5 credits)
- PHYS 121 Mechanics (5 credits)
- PHYS 122 Electromagnetism (5 credits)
Engineering Fundamentals (20 credits)
- AMATH 301 Beg Scientific Computing (4 credits), preferred, or CSE 142 Computer Programming I (4 credits)
- AA 210 Statics (4 credits)
- CEE 220 Mechanics of Materials (4 credits)
- ME 230 Kinematics & Dynamics (4 credits)
Written Communication (5 credits)
- English Composition (5 credits)