With many UW CEE faculty and students conducting research off campus, and in many cases across the globe, photos help tell the story of the positive impact that researchers are having around the world. Below are some general guidelines about how to best capture images that can be used for department publicity.
- Please include UW CEE researchers (faculty and students) in photos when possible.
- Please make sure people’s faces (as opposed to the back of their heads) are visible.
- Action shots (photos of people doing stuff) are great.
- Posed shots work well in some instances (such as group photos).
- Close-up shots with the researchers clearly visible work well.
Examples of field work photos
Below are a few examples of photos that researchers have taken of their field work.