Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) contacts
- Academic HR (manages hiring outside instructors): Karen Heath
- Payroll: Cindy Phan
- Academic Services Coordinator (time schedule, classroom assignment): Lauren Cushner or firstname.lastname@example.org. The latter is used to communicate with the UW Time Schedule Office, so it’s used for room reservation requests and time schedule concerns.
Our New Hire Resources have information regarding Husky Card, UW Alert, etc.
Resources on instruction
MyUW is your personal portal to the University of Washington. Signing in with your UW NetID displays an overview of personal content, and gives you access to Web resources you need to start your work at the University. Based on your affiliations with the University, MyUW provides a personalized set of resources.
- UW Textbook Ordering System
University Book Store resource.
- College of Engineering Instructional Release (Course Buyout) Policy & Guidelines
Instructional release (course buyout) policy and guidelines.
- Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center is dedicated to supporting the UW teaching community. Their services are grounded in research, draw on established pedagogical approaches, and promote innovation.
Academic integrity and misconduct process
- College of Engineering (COE) Policies & Principles
- COE Academic Misconduct Process and Sample Syllabus Statement
- UW Student Conduct Code
Evaluation of teaching effectiveness
Per UW’s Faculty Code, departmental recommendations for merit salary increase, promotion, tenure, and reappointment are required to include documentation of teaching effectiveness in two forms:
- Student evaluation of teaching
- Collegial Evaluation of teaching (Peer Evaluations)
- Course evaluations catalog.
International resources for faculty
- International Resources for Faculty
The College relies on the creativity and motivation of faculty to help develop international engineering activities, from research to educational programs. In turn, these collaborations enhance the academic mission of the UW
- Services for Faculty
- Syllabi Guidelines and Resources
- Religious Accomodations Policy
- Religious Accomodations Request Form
The official learning management system for UW, instructors may use Canvas to publish course materials, manage course tasks, communicate with students and more.