The BSEnvE junior year curriculum (300-level courses) begins in autumn quarter and is designed to be taken in sequence each quarter.
The curriculum emphasizes the use of core knowledge from math, physics, biology, chemistry and engineering to mitigate impacts on environmental quality and to establish student understanding of the interconnections between air, water and soil during environmental engineering decision-making.
Junior year coursework
The following are 300-level BSEnvE courses currently included in the online Course Catalog. Additional 400 level courses will be posted in the future, as they are approved. BSEnvE majors will take CEE 349, 350 and 352 in autumn.
- CEE 347 Introduction to Fluid Mechanics (5 credits)
- CEE 348 Hydrology and Environmental Fluid Mechanics (4 credits)
- CEE 349 Case Studies in Environmental Engineering (3 credits)
- CEE 350 Mass and Energy Balances in Environmental Engineering (4 credits)
- CEE 352 Introduction to Environmental Chemistry and Microbiology (4 credits)
- CEE 354 Environmental Engineering Applications (5 credits)
- CEE 356 Quantitative and Conceptual Tools for Sustainability (4 credits)
Senior year coursework
- Professional Practice and Capstone (7 credits)
CEE 440 Professional Practice (2 credits)
Capstone Design Course (5 credits)
Choice of CEE 444 (Water) or 445 (Envr)
- Technical Electives (15 credits)
400-level CEE courses *Note: The technical electives course list is coming soon!
- Upper-Division Engineering and Science (13 credits)
Select courses from within CEE or from approved list of non-CEE courses. A list of courses that are pre-approved is available from the advisers. Students may petition to have courses added to the list.
- General Electives
Additional credits to meet the 180 total required for the baccalaureate degree.